It officially feels like summer! Temperatures are heating up, and sitting on your leather car seat becomes almost unbearable. Taking measures to protect your car from heat will not only make it more comfortable for you and your passengers, but will also keep the interior and exterior of your car in good shape.
- Use a sun shade on your front and back windshield. Sunlight can cause upholstery, dashboards and steering wheels to become discolored or damaged. It will also reduce the amount of heat that gets inside the vehicle.
- Consider purchasing special protective products for your dashboard and upholstery. These add another layer, making them less prone to damage from the sun and heat.
- Park in the shade whenever possible. You will notice a significant difference in the temperature inside your car.
- Heat can cause fluid to evaporate, which may reduce your car’s battery life. Check the battery every so often throughout the summer so the battery does not die. You should also take a look at coolant levels.
- Travel when it’s cooler. Temperatures drop early in the morning and later in the evening, making them optimal driving times on hot summer days.
Happy summer everyone!
Courtesy of aeroautoparts